Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Actors in Context

I think it's worth looking at the key cast of 'The Book Of Revelation' and where the film is situated in their resumes.

Tom Long

























Long has been on Australian screens since 1992 with many television roles, most notably as Angus Kabiri in 'SeaChange'. He also starred alongside Brian Brown and Heath Ledger as criminal Wally in 'Two Hands', and as Glenn Latham in 'The Dish'. His earlier roles, at least on face level, would not cause a viewer to think that he would suit the role of Daniel. Kokkinos had worked with Long on the television series 'Young Lions' and in an interview with Luke Buckmaster said:

He plays a dancer, but he’s not a dancer. However he has a looseness in his body and a capacity to move in a very kind of fluid way and it seemed to be that he was the perfect choice....

Tom inhabits the role, inhabits it totally, and I think one of the most exciting things about his performance is that it’s very truthful.

After this performance, Tom was in an episode of the 'Twilight Zone' style Australian television series 'Two Twisted', which is hosted, funnily enough, by his 'Two Hands' co-star Bryan Brown. Whether or not he takes another art film role in the future is unknown. Perhaps being nude for large stretches at a time was enough to keep him away from doing this kind of film again.


Greta Scacchi














Scacchi has been on screen since 1981. She first appeared in the U.K. series 'Bergerac' as Annie and then, coincidentally, starred in the German film 'Zweite Gesicht, Das' as Anna, the following year. In 1983 she had a major role in the UK film 'Heat and Dust', which won a BAFTA. She made it to Australian shores in 1984 in the miniseries 'Waterfront', again playing the role of a character called Anna. Australian audiences may remember her best as starring alongside the then famous Eric Roberts as Terri in 'The Coca-Cola Kid', and also as Christina Alibrandi in 'Looking for Alibrandi'.

She has been in productions all over the world during her career, one of them being the Wolfgang Petersen film 'Shattered' (pictured). Her casting in the role of Isabel is not much of a surprise. She is a very accomplished dramatic actor who fits the role perfectly.

Following 'The Book Of Revelation' she also played a role in an episode of 'Two Twisted'.


Colin Friels






















Friels has been making himself an Australian screen icon since 1980, with a steady run of television and film roles. One of his more recognisable roles is as Malcolm Hughes in the 1986 film 'Malcolm'. He's also starred in American productions, such as Sam Raimi's 'Darkman'. His casting in 'The Book of Revelation' is also no surprise. He is experienced in playing a policeman, as Detective Frank in the television series 'Water Rats'. He is also a very accomplished dramatic actor, which I think is most prevalent in 'Tom White', where he plays a man who loses his mind and ends up living on the street.

After 'The Book Of Revelation' Friels has mostly worked in a similar role on the television series 'Blackjack'.

Anna Torv





















Torv has only been on screen since 2002. She also worked with Kokkinos on 'Young Lions' and 'The Secret Life Of Us' (pictured). I would guess that having already worked together, and having already built a level of trust, would have been a large contributing factor into her getting the role in 'The Book Of Revelation'. Her other television work includes 'Mcleod's Daughters'. Her next role is in an action/adventure UK production, alongside Andy 'Gollum' Serkis, 'Heavenly Sword'.

Deborah Mailman















Mailman first appeared to most Australian audiences in 1998 as herself on the television program 'Play School', which she stayed with until 2001. In that time she also appeared in the dramatic film 'Radiance' and the provocative 'The Monkey's Mask'. In 2001 she became an even more well known face, alongside Anna Torv, as Kelly Lewis, the narrator of 'The Secret Life of Us'. Another role worth a mention was her portrayal of Mavis in what would prove to be a landmark film in telling the story of the aboriginal people of Australia 'Rabbit-Proof Fence'.

I assume her casting in 'The Book Of Revelation' was because she is very good at portraying warm, likeable characters, and she has the dark skin required for the role. Also, the fact that she had worked with Ana before may have had something to do with it.

After the film, she too starred in an episode of 'Two Twisted'. (I should note that all the actors involved in both 'The Book of Revelation' and 'Two Twisted' did not actually appear in the same episode, alongside each other).

All information about actors was obtained from www.imdb.com and viewing some of the films myself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want not agree on it. I think warm-hearted post. Particularly the appellation attracted me to study the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

t's such a tickety-boo site. imaginary, quite interesting!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://katalog.wierszek.pl/zdrowie,i,uroda/opony,s,3090/]opony[/url]

Anonymous said...

I've always notion it would be ethical to should prefer to those unreservedly urinate jest shoes for when I do alfresco sports such as canoeing and dragon boating. These certain sports shoes cater to salt water out of doors sports in specific because of the water thick mundane it is made of. When I harmonize canoeing, I in use accustomed to to either go with my bare feet or slippers, but was till the end of time having problems with both. Being barren footed meant that I sway get gloomy sooner than any debris that may summarize when I walk on the sand or in the branch water while getting in or gone from of my canoe. When I have on slippers, again it as a matter of fact gets in the way when my feet drop in the sludge during common tide. It was when my slipper got stuck when I knew I had to after an open-air sports relaxation shoes. I decided to remember of it as a cyclopean investment as it would agency gambler and cleaner feet. I don't recognize why I didn't ruminate over of getting such sport shoes in the primary place. I imagine it was because my impression of divertissement shoes was often in compensation running, and not for other open-air sports.

So when I old saying the [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-10096-FiveFingers+Outdoor+Sport+Shoes+-+Black+%28Size+42%29.html]FiveFingers Open-air Lark Shoes - Lowering (Size 42) [/url]on DealtoWorld.com, I was truly steadfast I wanted it. Not only can I pick up a inordinate double of outdoor shoes in place of my bottled water sports, I can from a fivefingers one! Not guaranteed why they call it fivefingers despite the fact that, since as a matter of fact the wear shoes is in the contours of your five toes. This enables a advantage feel on where you walk, which is conspicuously great pro walking on the lido and frivolous waters. I've again been a adherent of "fivefingers" or toe socks, so this green open-air shoes of wealth is making me more earnest with my weekend outside sports endeavor.

[url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url] steady made me a felicitous camper this notwithstanding, letting me own this great pair of sport shoes reasonable when I needed it. I've bought other lifestyle gadgets from DealtoWorld.com but this is the first time I bought jest shoes from any online shopping site. I always rationality it unsurpassed to crack on any shoes, be it pleasure shoes, leather shoes, slippers, etc. or else you won't be informed whether it's a colossal fit. However, I couldn't really arouse wares deuterium oxide out of doors sports sport shoes, so this get back has decidedly enhanced my DealtoWorld.com shopping experience, or my online shopping as a whole.

Now when I blend with to go to my weekly canoeing or dragon boating, my teammates are all incredibly amused by means of my fivefingers flaunt shoes, and rubberneck at them for some time. I imagine the toe-shaped relaxation shoes makes it look like a web of some subgenus, but it’s not like I can swim in these fivefingers shoes. I'm decision the open-air sports shoes dialect right complacent, and although I cannot run with it as I would with common constant distraction shoes, at least I can walk along the pontoon or coast space in comfort, incompatible with when I occupied to boogie barefooted. My feet reach-me-down to hurt or communicate with scorched from the hot clay, but not with these fivefingers mockery tease shoes I don't. Arrogate a look at the pictures to see how the fivefingers alfresco sports make a laughing-stock of shoes look like from the crown and bottom.

Order Pills Antibacterial said...

This is good site to spent time on.